Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:17:33 +0200

Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I would gladly add a request for automatic beaming with grace
> notes in the Issues List if nobody objects about it.

I don't see that it makes any sense.  The beaming in a grace can't be
governed by the same rules or actually any rules as in the main music
since the execution of grace notes has no generally fixed relation to
musical stresses.

And if one assumes that one should just beam the whole phrase, then it
is impossible to get rid of the overarching beam easily.

"No automatic beams" is the sanest route here.

--
David Kastrup