Re: lilypond slowdown in CGI web program

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lilypond slowdown in CGI web program
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:59:01 +0200

Jim Tisdall writes:

> When I call lilypond to compile a score by means of a web page
> that is using CGI, lilypond takes about 25 seconds to
> *successfully* complete.  From the commandline,
> same files and flags, under a second; from a similar but non-web
> program, under a second.

Are you certain that it's lilypond that takes so long?  Have you
replaced lilypond with a script that does something like

   #! /bin/bash
   date >> /tmp/lily.log
   time ./lilypond.bin "$@" >> /tmp/lily.log 2>&1
   # time echo NOT: ./lilypond.bin "$@" >> /tmp/lily.log 2>&1
   date >> /tmp/lily.log

comment in/out the run lilypond/echo lilypond commands and play
with that?

Also, what are you building?  I take it that you have seen

   http://weblily.net
   http://lilybin.com
   http://lilypond.org/schikkers

and