Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:10:26 -0700 (PDT)

Well David, thanks for your answers and opinions. Even though I really
respect your views (and you certainly know infinitely more about LilyPond
and programming than I do), I still think I am right on this one. I
personally see the lack of slashes on beamed grace notes + the lack of
automatic beaming for grouped grace notes as major drawbacks with LilyPond.
Certainly the second problem can be overcame by the use of [], but I find it
annoying, non standard and easily overseen when dealing with a large score.
All other engraving software I have used behave in the way I am proposing,
so I don't think I am speaking of something that exotic here.

But still I certainly understand and agree with you that compatibility
problem is a big issue here, and due to lack of programming knowledge I
better be quiet about proposing any sort of solution (sorry for the clumsy
propositions on the previous message(s)). Anyway, I really don't see much
point in dragging this discussion further to be honest.

Thanks for all the answers and take care!
Gilberto