Re: Bracket with text label

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Bracket with text label
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Alec,

Welcome to the community! :)

I'm glad you got that question sorted out. One thing I wanted to mention:

The include of english.ly allows you to use English names for sharps and
flats, however you now can use *\language "english" *instead of the include.

I believe that is the preferred way for English names, from my
understanding.

Good luck!

Alec Bartsch wrote
> On Sep 19, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Urs Liska <

> ul@

> > wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if that's the best approach, but you could use a pseudo
>> tuplet
>> and override the text of the "tuplet number":
>>
>> \once \override TupletNumber #'text = "even"
>> \times 4/4 { a8 g16 f }
>>
>> Depending on your LilyPond version you can use \tuplet instead of \times
>> and write TupletNumber.text
>
> That's perfect; the key I was missing was how to make a "pseudo tuplet."
> This gives me exactly what I want:
>
> \version "2.17.26"
> \include "english.ly"
>
> \relative c' {
>       \clef bass
>       \once \override TupletNumber.text = "even"
>       \once \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
>       \once \override TupletBracket.direction = 1
>       \tuplet 4/4 { a8 g16 f } g4 gf8 f r4
> }
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Alec