Re: forcing bar number events

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: forcing bar number events
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:18:21 +0200

2013/9/20 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
consider this snippet

  \relative c'' {
    \compressFullBarRests
    \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible 5)
    \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible
    c1 | c1 | c1 | c1 |
    c1 | c1 | c1 | c1 |
    R1*4 |
    c1 | c1 | c1 | c1 |
  }

Is it possible to make bar number `10' visible automatically?  Looking
up the documentation, it seems that a bar number gets printed only if
there is a bar line, and \compressFullBarRests prevents that...

I don't think this is a good idea.  How would the reader know at which moment during the MMR the tenth bar begins?  Also, imagine a 50-bar MMR.  where all these numbers would go?

What we should do in my opinion is print a /range/ of barnumbers when a MMR appears, something like in the attachment.  That would be awesome and very useful. (and btw, i think Finale has that feature).

best,
Janek