Re: strange font change in Score.repeatCommands

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: strange font change in Score.repeatCommands
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:28:28 +0200

On 23 Sep 2013, at 14:46 , David Kastrup wrote:

Wim van Dommelen <address@hidden> writes:

I'm trying to engrave a simple volta repeat with specific text on the
alternatives. In itself this works fine, I just copied the commands
from the notation manual. But in doing so I see strange font-change
for some (but not all !) of the characters in the text.

There is no font change, I think: rather the text seems to use the
dynamics font for some reason, and that font has a limited subset of
letters just sufficient to typeset rsfz, mp and a few others.  So you
get to see those letters in your texts, and the rest is take from some
fallback generic font.

Somehow I intuitivily also came to that conclusion.........

As a workaround, you can try replacing your strings with markups that
also select a suitable font.

Yes, was already doing this while seeing the other emails passing by....

Of course that is not meant to imply that this behavior is in any way
desirable.

Indeed, I suggest we file this as a bug. I think we should select the default font used for plain texts here also as a default.

Regards,
Wim.

--
David Kastrup