Re: Accordion symbols

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Accordion symbols
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:02:42 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchol" <address@hidden>
To: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
Cc: "LilyPond Users" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 2:38 PM

2013/9/23 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
Am 23.09.2013 14:03, schrieb David Kastrup:

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Hi list,

could someone be so kind as to give me some _very_ short descriptions
of the eight accordion glyphs that can be seen in the table at the
beginning of

http://lilypondblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/accordion-glyphs-definition.pdf?

They should be as short as to be fitting where now the "description"
dummy is.

You are missing \accordionPush here.

Duh, it's RTFM
"The end of the definition is indicated by an empty line, therefore it is
important that your file ends with an empty line, otherwise the last entry
will be discarded."
Guess who wrote that FM?
<bang-head-against-wall>Arrrrrgh</bang-head-against-wall>

Should we invent a new acronym?  RYOFM for "read your own **** manual"?
;-)

Seriously, this means I have to finally fix that script to work reliably!

Interestingly, i recently modified my cousin's small python script
which removes trailing whitespace and ensures at least one empty line
is present at the end of the file - feel free to use it:
http://github.com/janek-warchol/cli-tools/blob/master/scripts/remove-trailing-whitespace.py

best,
Janek

Does it work better than this?

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py

If so, it might be worth updating the one in Git.

--
Phil Holmes