Re: \partial - half of 6/4?

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: \partial - half of 6/4?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:36:03 +0200

On 24 Sep 2013, at 12:07 , Jens Meyer wrote:

Hello!

I am back with Lilypond again after several months. "Daily tasks" are
fine for me in the meantime, but now a special problem occured.

Welcom back!

I want to use "\partial" in a 6/4 instead of "\skip2 \skip4" giving me
only a half of the measure (in fact "3 beats"). How can I do this? I
tried different combinations ("\partial3", "\partial4 \partial2",
"\partial (2 4)") without success.

\partial accepts a value similar like a note length

So:
- \partial 4 gives you the space of a quarter note.
- \partial 2 a half note, etc.
- \partial 2. three quarters

Of course the notes themselves come after this. Something like:

{
    \time 6/4
    \partial 2.
    c4 d e f g a b c c
}

The first three notes are now your upbeat.

Regards,
Wim.

Best regards!

       Jens