Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:04:36 +0100

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 13:41 +0800, James Harkins wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2013 12:10 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Since introducing this I have had zero enharmonic misspellings in my
> > transcriptions. But this might not be suitable for some sorts of
> music,
> > I confess.
>
> My music only seldom follows common practice tonality,

The built-in support is for any range (e.g. E-flat to G-sharp, or D to
F-double-sharp), with the modulation controller on the MIDI keyboard
changing the range sharper or flatter. So if you wanted some assorted
collection of sharps and flats (E-flat with A-flat but F-sharp ...) you
would need a bit of scheme to convert the notes as they arrive, which is
quite do-able - there are examples of this sort of MIDI filter in
Denemo.

Richard