Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

First of all, thank you so much for doing this, I really appreciate it.
Unfortunately I do not know how to apply the patch, but I created a small
LilyPond code that could be used as a regression test:

\version "2.17.26"
{
  \relative c'' {
    \grace {a8 b } a1
    \grace {a8 b c b gis } a1
    \grace {a8 b c32 b c16 gis } a1
    \grace {a8 b c16 d c4 b8 gis } a1
    \grace {a8 b c16 d c4 b8 a b\fermata a16 gis } a1
{
  \relative c'' {
    \grace {a8[ b] } a1
    \grace {a8[ b c b gis] } a1
    \grace {a8[ b c32 b c16 gis] } a1
    \grace {a8[ b c16 d] c4 b8[ gis] } a1
    \grace {a8[ b c16 d] c4 b8 a b\fermata a16[ gis] } a1

On the top, you will see the graces behaving as they currently do
(unbeamed). On the bottom you have the beamed ones. Please note that on the
5th example the last three eighth notes are supposed to be unbeamed, but I
do not know how this will work after your patch (maybe it will need some
command to break the automatic grace beaming).

The logic behind my little examples above is to show:
No. 1: simple beaming between 2 notes (simplest example)
No. 2: simple beaming between more than 2 notes
No. 3: beaming between notes of different values (but all shorter than a
quarter note and thus having a flag that can be beamed)
No. 4: beaming between notes of different values with a quarter note
included in between (to show that the auto beam will still work properly)
No. 5: a more complex example, where some notes are supposed to be unbeamed
and some beamed.

Please let me know if this is of any use.

Thanks a lot and take care!
Gilberto