staff-specific markup?

From: Graham King
Subject: staff-specific markup?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:28:36 +0100

I'm trying to engrave a vocal score in which the majority of markups are common to all parts.  Lilypond helpfully engraves these just once, above the top part, as expected.
However, there are some rare \mark \markup items that I want to appear above only one of the inner staves.  Is there a way to achieve this without having to remove all the common markups from all but the top part?