Re: Midi equalisation

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Midi equalisation
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:41:52 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hilary Snaden" <address@hidden>
To: "LilyPond Users" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 8:07 PM

On 2013-09-15 14:45, Janek Warchoł wrote:
Hi,

2013/9/10 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
Hilary Snaden <address@hidden> writes:

This (trimmed) example doesn't work as the documentation suggests it
should, in this case to reduce the volume of the organ relative to the
voices. Changing the volume values makes no difference at all. \dyns
contains dynamics for the organ, each voice part has its own dynamics.
Am I missing something?
[...]
An actual dynamic?  I think the min/max values only take to flight when
specifying a dynamic.

This should be fixed in 2.17.15 release (i.e. explicit dynamic should
no longer be necessary). See

Hilary, which LilyPond version have you been using?  Please try current
development version and tell us if it works for you.

I use 2.16.2. I'm uncertain about making multiple installations of
LilyPond and rather wary of breaking a nice working installation.

We warn people not to trust development versions fully, but I think you'd have no problem with latest devel. Which OS do you use?

--
Phil Holmes