Re: programming error

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: programming error
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:02:16 +0200

2013/9/27 Colin Campbell <address@hidden>:
> On 13-09-27 02:16 PM, MING TSANG wrote:
>
> Eluze,
>
> I follow your suggestion and I came up with smaller file about 268 lines.
> I attach the .ly file and the error message log file. Please refer to red
> text below log file.
>
> Emanuel,
> Ming.
>

> In your rehearsalMidi section, you've set the  Score.midiMinimumVolume to
> the same value as the MaximumVolume and that gives no room to decrescendo. I
> tested it by setting MaximumVoilume to 0.6 and your score compiled fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Colin

Ming,

Colin is right.

Though let me say:
Please reread
http://lilypond.org/website/tiny-examples.html
and _do_ as adviced.
Your "smaller" file spammed the folder where it was stored with
numerous pdfs and midis.

I was quite bugged to an amount that I took the effort to create a
minimal example to show you, what _minimal example_ actually means:

\version "2.17.24"

\score {
  { c\f\> c\mp }
  \midi {
    \set Score.midiMinimumVolume = #0.5
    \set Score.midiMaximumVolume = #0.5

Now it should be _obvious_ what's wrong.

It took some time to make it and I do something like that once a year. maximum.
Because this is _your_ duty.

-Harm