Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:27:03 +0200

Peter Bjuhr <address@hidden> writes:

> On 09/27/2013 01:43 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> I've committed a patch implementing grace autobeaming to
>> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3566>
>
> Hi David!
>
> I also wanted to contribute with some testing. I changed the files
> with your patched changes (lily/auto-beam-engraver.cc and
> ly/engraver-init.ly) and rebuilt. But the new autobeaming doesn't
> appear. Can you see some obvious reason why not?

There are only three rather glaringly obvious reasons I can think of:

a) you are not running the rebuilt executable
b) the rebuilt executable is in a place where it accesses the old
   engraver-init.ly
c) you are looking at the wrong PDF file

Distinguishing between the three should be possible running the
following file through:

\new Staff {
  \new Voice { \grace { c8 c8 } c2 }
  \new Voice \with { \consists "Grace_auto_beam_engraver" }
    { \grace { c8 c8 } c2 }
}

If you get a complaint about an unknown engraver, you have the wrong
executable.  If the first grace is beamed, everything is fine (don't
know what the second will be, with two engravers active).  If the second
is beamed, you are using the wrong engraver-init.ly.

--
David Kastrup