new Frescobaldi release set for October 16th, please update translations

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: new Frescobaldi release set for October 16th, please update translations
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 11:59:11 +0200

Dear friends,

October 16th, I'll release the new version of Frescobaldi. There are some
changes to the translatable strings, and a few new strings; so if you can find some time, please update the translations for your languages.

This release also marks an important point in Frescobaldi development: that multiple developers now have contributed significant functionality. Although Cognot's kinetic scrolling in the Music View has been there already for some time, now we see musicxml import, much better Scheme highlighting, a nice modal transpose function and many improvements for the Mac OS X version.

It has been my goal from the start that I couldn't be the only one that writes code for Frescobaldi. But to get other developers on board, the code should be readable and easy to understand. And Frescobaldi itself should be compelling enough to invest time in researching the code and writing new functions.

I'm happy and also a bit proud now that people have found their way in the codebase, the parsers, the menu structure, the way actions are defined and assigned to methods in modules etc.

The github platform works well, with its issue tracking and pull-request interface.

I do have some time for adding code, coordinating some stuff and keeping Frescobaldi in a healthy state. I hope we can continue Frescobaldi's development onto its way as a powerful LilyPond editor. Thanks to all contributors!

Wilbert Berendsen
main author and leader of the Frescobaldi project
http://www.frescobaldi.org/