Re: Making only the first letter of a word bold in a text markup?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Making only the first letter of a word bold in a text markup?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:07:15 -0500

Hi Paul,

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
In a text markup, is it possible to make only the first letter of a word bold?  I tried using \bold as shown below, but an unwanted space appears after the bold letter.  I could probably shift the letters around manually to correct for the space, but is there a better way?

Use \concat.

 \markup \sans \fontsize #-4 { \concat { \bold {E} very } }

--David