Re: LilyJAZZ on 2.17

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyJAZZ on 2.17
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 22:30:31 +0200

2013/9/29 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
Hi Federico,

testing the files from your initial mail I've got :

LilyJAZZ.ily:164:33: While evaluating arguments to grob::has-interface
in _expression_ (grob::has-interface grob (quote key-cancellation-)
...):
LilyJAZZ.ily:164:33: Unbound variable: interface

Looking into LilyJAZZ.ily I noticed some strange line-breaking issues.
Worst and causing the problem, lines 164/165
I've found
         (let* ((alteration (if (grob::has-interface grob 'key-cancellation-
interface) 0 (cdr alt)))
on _two_ lines _and_  a space at line-end of 164 which separates
"'key-cancellation-" from "interface"

_If_ it's caused by convert-ly please file a bug-report!!

Putting 'key-cancellation-interface together again solves the problem for me.

I'm surprised about these line breaking issues.. maybe the files have been corrupted when sending to the mail server.

Anyway, LilyJAZZ works fine with 2.16
convert-ly does a good job: it only replaces #'  with . in .ily file; and \times with \tuplet in the example file.
But when I compile the example file with 2.17.27 I get the attached output. Why it happens just to me is a mystery...