MIDI output of multiple scores into a single MIDI file?

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: MIDI output of multiple scores into a single MIDI file?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 16:30:52 -0400

Using Lilypond 2.16, is it possible to generate a single MIDI file
containing multiple \scores?  If I put a \midi section inside each
score, I get separate MIDI files ... but if I put the \midi section
outside the \scores, I get *no* MIDI files.

e.g. --

\version
"2.16.0"

\score
{
  \new Staff {c d e
f}
}

\score
{
  \new Staff {e f g
a}
}

\layout
{}
\midi
{}

$ lilypond test.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.16.2
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `test.ps'...
Converting to `./test.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

--
Dossy Shiobara         |      "He realized the fastest way to change
address@hidden     |   is to laugh at your own folly -- then you