Re: Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring punctuation)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring punctuation)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:53:18 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>

> I agree, although I don't expect Guile problems for anything but plain > ASCII
> prime and double prime, but I might be wrong.
> It's easy to tweak for people who want to use it, anyway; those were > just > the glyphs for which I assume that everybody agrees they should be in > there.
> YMMV, though.

Well, I could add a comment about how to extend the 'space-set' with
other characters.
Additionally it might be a thought to tag it docs.
@Phil: What do you think?

Cheers,
  Harm

Not sure what you're asking my opinion about. If it's a question of how much to modify a snippet - entirely up to you, but I generally restrict myself to formatting and where the style is obviously wrong. The OP can always email updated versions to -devel and one of us can update it.

As to whether to tag is as docs? If we do that, it will automatically appear in the Snippets documentation (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/snippets/index.html). It will become available for documentation authors to add to other documents. So the judgement call is simply - do I think this is of sufficient use to be part of the LilyPond documentation set. If so, tag it.

--
Phil Holmes