Re: LilyJAZZ on 2.17

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LilyJAZZ on 2.17
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:28:31 +0200

2013/9/30 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
> 2013/9/30 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
>>
>> 2013/9/30 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
>>>
>>> I tried the files from
>>> https://github.com/fedelibre/lilypond-snippets
>>> with 2.17.27
>>>
>>> All works fine, no warnings or errors, returning nice output.
>>>
>>> If you still got the braces, I'd assume that LilyPond can't find the
>>> fonts on your system for unknown reasons.
>>>
>>> I don't think I can help any more, sorry.
>>

>> Thanks Harm, so it's clear that it's something about my system.
>> I've run it in a terminal with --verbose and I've found a warning about
>> ghostscript:

[...]

I c/p a little more of the --verbose output:

Layout output to `jazz-test-3.ps'...
[/home/me/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/CenturySchL-Roma.otf]
[/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf]
[/home/me/.fonts/LilyJAZZ.otf]
[/home/me/.fonts/LilyJAZZText.otf]
[/home/me/lilydevel/usr/share/lilypond/current/ps/music-drawing-routines.ps]
[/home/me/lilydevel/usr/share/lilypond/current/ps/lilyponddefs.ps]
Converting to `./jazz-test-3.pdf'...
Invoking `gs -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
-r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./jazz-test-3.pdf -c.setpdfwrite
-fjazz-test-3.ps'...

GPL Ghostscript 8.70 (2009-07-31)
Copyright (C) 2009 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
WARNING: /Unicode /Decoding resource is not accessible but it is
useful for generating ToUnicode CMap.
]
Success: compilation successfully completed

You'll see that the jazz-fonts are found.
Can you confirm on your system?

Harm