Flat flags

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Flat flags
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 01:19:07 +0200

Hi all,

According to the manual, the command necessary to create flat flags (\set stemLeftBeamCount) is "always equivalent to \once \set. In other words, beam count settings are not “sticky” [...]". Does this mean that the only way I can produce a score such as the one below is to use a \set stemLeftBeamCount for each single pitch?

Also, does anyone knows how to generate grace notes with a flat flag as well? (After so many questions of mine on this mailing list, some of you might be thinking I have some psychotic fixation on grace notes)

\version "2.17.26"

{

  \relative c' {

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 f16[] r8.

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 e16[]

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 gis16[] r8

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 fis[]

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 a32[] r64

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 f64[] r16

    \grace{c8}

    \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 ees8[] r8

If this is too much headache, I will just keep using \override Flag #'stencil = #modern-straight-flag which is close enough to what I want.

Thanks a lot for all the help. Regards,

Gilberto