Re: Fedora 19 Lilypond and Vim

From: Rachael Thomas Carlson
Subject: Re: Fedora 19 Lilypond and Vim
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 15:28:39 -0500

On 10/01 10:12 PM, Kevin Tough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the group and just starting my Lilypond learning. I am using
> Fedora 17 and 19. My favorite editor is Vim but I am far from a power
> user. I am confused about syntax highlighting for Lilypond.
>
> The Lilypond website:
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Do...editor-support
> suggests an entry into .vimrc such as:
>
> filetype off
> set runtimepath+=/usr/local/share/lilypond/current/vim/
> filetype on
Om Tat Sat, Kevin:

I use vim exclusively for my LilyPond use.  I use it along with
Zathura as my pdf viewer.  I believe that when I was using Fedora I
had to do the same thing that I have to do with ArchLinux:
create a file in your .vim directory named:  filetype.vim
with the following code:
It will be easier if I just attach my filetype.vim.

Here ya go, should work fine.

Let me know if it doesn't though.

Hari Om,

Rachael