\jazzOn vs. \improvisationOn

From: Jim Long
Subject: \jazzOn vs. \improvisationOn
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:56:42 -0700

There is a known issue that prevents \improvisationOn from working
with LilyJAZZ and \jazzOn.

a) Is that issue terribly gnarly, or is there a likelihood that
the two modes might be made compatible sometime soon?  It does
seem a tad ironic.

b) How can I work around the problem in a piece which starts in
improv. mode?  The closest attempt I have made so far is
attached, which involves specifying simultaneous music with
non-jazz mode to produce the improv slashes, and a simultaneous
jazz mode spacer rest to render the clef/key/time signature using
the LilyJAZZ glyphs.  My first guess was to scale the spacer rest
to 0, but that defeats the jazz glyphs, and gives me Lily's
standard clef, etc.

If anyone can offer an improved workaround, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Jim