Re:Two possible bugs when dealing with Automatic note splitting

From: Jim Tisdall
Subject: Re:Two possible bugs when dealing with Automatic note splitting
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:25:47 -0400

I posted some details about this a week ago,

No, you didn't.  Not wanting a repetition of fingerings and string
numbers would be a feature request: I don't think that would ever have
worked differently.

-- David Kastrup

Ah, true.  I reported fingerings and string numbers being repeated
unnecessarily when automatic note splitting was invoked, whereas
this new post reported some accidentals being repeated in somewhat
similar circumstances.  Pardon my confusion.

Since I find the note splitting unusable with the proliferation of
incorrect fingerings (incorrect in the sense of how scores are
normally fingered) I do request this feature.  I would be willing
to tackle it myself if I can ask someone to help me identify the
parts of the code which would need attention.  Before the rest completion
was added, I wrote some score filter code that handled splitting, so I can just
use that for rests and notes for the time being.

Thanks,
Jim