Re: LibreOffice, Latex Docs ?? Documenting Lilypond's *.pdf output

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: LibreOffice, Latex Docs ?? Documenting Lilypond's *.pdf output
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 02:16:06 +0200

Am 05.10.2013 02:09, schrieb Kevin Tough:
As a Lilypond newbie in what direction should I be looking to be able to
create documentation including Lilypond's pdf output. Inserting the
*.pdfs into Libre Office in Fedora seems to be a dead end, at least
directly.

Namaste,
Kevin Tough

It's not completely clear to me what your documents should look like. But as you mention it in the topic, LilyPond and LaTeX are a quite good match. You can include full pages through the pdfpages package, one-system examples as pdf files generated through LilyPond's -dpreview option, or use lilypond-book (from LilyPond) or the musicexamples LaTeX package[1] for more complex setups.

One option to mention is a package ooolilypond which gives you access to inserting LilyPond snippets into LibreOffice documents, but only as bitmap images.

HTH
Urs

[1] http://www.openlilylib.org/musicexamples