Re: What is this mark?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: What is this mark?
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 00:13:11 +0200

Am 05.10.2013 23:10, schrieb Chris Crossen:

In the top staff of the third measure of the attached image, there is a mark consisting of two right-angle lines just before the rest at the end of the measure. I suspect it is closing the section marked ‘Trumpets’ that is two measures back.

I’ve tried looking it up in Gould, but don’t know what to call it and haven’t been able to find it.

Can someone tell me what it is called? And, how do I produce it with Lilypond?

If there isn't another corresponding opening mark somewhere earlier I'd say you can be comfortable with assuming it's the end of the trumpets section.
I don't think it has an explicit name.
And unfortunately I don't have an idea out of my head how to do it in LilyPond.

Best
Urs

Thanks,

Chris