Re: "smart" transposition of key signatures

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: "smart" transposition of key signatures
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 11:14:48 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, splitting the variables was going to be my fallback answer…
But (to quote Louis Mordell, as I just did in only of my number theory papers):
"one could only wish for a simpler solution".

A solution in which Lily was able to Do The Right Thing™ might also solve the
long-standing "multi-instrumentalist" problem (i.e., instrument switching in
the middle of a piece requires key signature changes, possibly normalized, etc.)

If anyone has time on their hands and is willing to take some of my money, I'd
love to discuss this whole problem space.  =)

Best regards,
Kieren.