Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 09:36:51 +0200

Am 09.10.2013 01:07, schrieb Jim Long:
On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 12:53:35AM +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
2013/10/9 Jim Long <address@hidden>:

  \override ChordName #'font-name = #"lilyjazzchord"
Hi Jim,

never heard of "lilyjazzchord".
Where to get?

Compiling your snippet returns LilyPond-default for the ChordNames.

Cheers,
  Harm
It's available from the French-language page at:

https://sites.google.com/site/jpgzic/home/la-police

Jim

Hi all who are involved,

I followed this thread only loosely.
As long as we can't directly include LilyJAZZ into LilyPond I suggest making it available (and improvable) here:
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/LilyJAZZ
I just created a folder where all related stuff can be placed.
So I would suggest that once you have sorted everything out someone adds the files there, maybe also writes an introduction in the README.md file (which will be automatically displayed when viewing the folder).

One more thing which might be useful for the technical issues you are talking about:
I started a snippet to switch program execution based on the used LilyPond version
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/blob/master/specific-solutions/lilypond-version-switch.ly
Currently there is only one function 'lilypond-greater-than?' but I intend to add equivalents to the other comparison operators. I think this approach should allow you to make LilyJAZZ work with 2.16 and 2.17 at the same time?

HTH
Urs