Re: New User Frescobaldi Setup for Mac

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: New User Frescobaldi Setup for Mac
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 20:08:15 -0700 (PDT)

garrettm30 wrote
> After all of those instructions, I have successfully gotten Frescobaldi to
> launch, but it seems to have trouble pairing with LilyPond. When I go into
> the Preferences -> LilyPond Preferences, and set the "LilyPond version to
> use", I click add, point it to the LilyPond app, and then it says,
> "Running LilyPond, this can take some time..." Indeed it does: I can let
> it go for hours (I tried about three hours yesterday), and it will keep
> going forever. Now when the box with the above message first pops up,
> LilyPond itself launches. It's as though Frescobaldi can't hear back from
> LilyPond. Does that problem sound familiar to anyone?

Hi Garrett,
This is a familiar problem that tripped me up at first as well.  It's an
easy fix.  Instead of pointing it to the LilyPond app:
/Applications/LilyPond.app

You need to point it here:
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond

This is not intuitive, but should do the trick.  (Hmmm... this might be
something to add to the guide.)
-Paul