Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 23:19:13 -0500

On Oct 9, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2013/10/9 Jim Long <address@hidden>:

>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> never heard of "lilyjazzchord".
>>> Where to get?
>>>
>>> Compiling your snippet returns LilyPond-default for the ChordNames.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>  Harm
>>
>> It's available from the French-language page at:
>>
>> https://sites.google.com/site/jpgzic/home/la-police
>>

>> Jim
>
> Hi,
>
> this is another font and simply installing the font doesn't changes
> accidentals in chords with alterations.
>
> So I made some effort and fully coded chords with Torstens font.
> -> ignatzek-jazz-chords.ily

Thanks for having a bash at that.  As a matter of taste, I think I prefer not
having the font's sharps and flats used in the chord names because they look
disproportionately large compared to the text, whereas the default accidentals
look fine to my eyes.  Also, the lack of a lower case "m" in the font has
confused my horn players so I use "-" instead of "m" in minor chords.