Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 00:08:23 -0700

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 01:40:06AM +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is another font and simply installing the font doesn't changes
> accidentals in chords with alterations.

True, I intentionally showed LilyPond's standard chordname
formatting.

I customize the look of my chord symbols with my personalized
version of Robert Schmaus' work:

% JAZZ CHORDS
% (based upon pop-chords.ly by James L. Hammons)
%
% v3.1

Robert's work does a good job of managing font sizes of
accidentals and other symbols, uses a lowercase 'm' for minor,
all that stuff.  And when it doesn't do what you want, it's easy
to modify.  I agree with other comments that the fact that
LilyJAZZText is a "small caps" font makes it unsuitable for
chordnames.  Using the lilyjazzchord font allows me to retain my
prefered lower case styling of "min", "dim" "aug", "add", "sus",
etc.

> Additionally LillyJAZZ.ily was updated with all recent improvements.

Thanks for managing the feedback and for fixing problems.  Is
there a URL?  A resolution to issue 3096 would be a welcome next
step.  Marc Hohl's workaround, jazzTempoMarkup, looks very nice,
but complicates rehearsal marks that occur at the same point as
tempo indications.

Jim