Re: New User Frescobaldi Setup for Mac

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: New User Frescobaldi Setup for Mac
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:23:00 +0200

2013/10/10 Paul Morris <address@hidden>:
> This is a familiar problem that tripped me up at first as well.  It's an
> easy fix.  Instead of pointing it to the LilyPond app:
> /Applications/LilyPond.app
>
> You need to point it here:
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond

This problem has already been solved in the "development" version, so
it will disappear in 2.0.11.
In 2.0.11 you'll just need to point to the application bundle
(LilyPond.app, or whatever name you give it) and Frescobaldi will find
the LilyPond executable inside the bundle.
Moreover, if the LilyPond.app is in the default location
(/Applications/LilyPond.app), Frescobaldi will find it automatically
and you won't need to explicitly choose it in the preferences.

(Of course, pointing directly to the LilyPond binary inside the app
will still work, so you won't need to change the preferences you
already set.)

Best wishes.
Davide