Re: partcombine texts

From: James Worlton
Subject: Re: partcombine texts
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:32:35 -0500

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Mark Knoop <address@hidden> wrote:
At 08:50 on 11 Oct 2013, James Worlton wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Mark Knoop <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using partcombine and am looking for a way to add a text marking
>> when automatic combining starts. It seems the Part_combine_engraver
>> only provides text hooks for soloText, soloIIText and aDueText -
>> what I want is a combinedText (to set to "divisi" in this instance).
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Minimal example:
>>
>> \version "2.17.27"
>>
>> partone = \relative c' {
>>   c d e f g a b^"combineText" c d e r r
>> }
>>
>> parttwo = \relative c' {
>>   r r e f r r g a d e f g
>> }
>>
>> \score { <<
>>   \new Staff { \partone }
>>   \new Staff { \parttwo }
>>   \new Staff <<
>>     \partcombine \partone \parttwo
>>   >>
>>
>http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#index-part-combiner
>
>This part of the manual shows how you can change the part combine text.
>
>James Worlton

Thanks James, but perhaps I was unclear. I know how to change the
existing text, but am looking for a way to automatically add text at the
point that combining happens, i.e. where I've placed the markup in the
above example.

--
Mark Knoop

Ah, sorry, I read your original question quickly, and didn't look too closely at the code. My bad. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. If anyone else does, I'd be interested to see it as well.

James W