Re: Lyric-Staff-spacing fails with smaller lyrics

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Lyric-Staff-spacing fails with smaller lyrics
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 04:42:18 -0700 (PDT)

Marc Hohl wrote
> Hello list,
>
> I want to place lyrics above and below a certain staff which works
> perfectly as long as I do not change the size of staff and lyrics,
> see the attached file and its resulting pdf.
>
> Interestingly, it seems that tin example 2, the upper lyrics are
> farther away in the first line, whereas the lower lyrics are farther
> away in the second line.
>
> How can I achieve the narrower lyrics from example 1 with the smaller
> lyrics and staves of example 2?

I don't think LP fails, it's just that the vertical spacing isn't corrected
with the \staffSize macro (which btw can be simplified to

staffSize = #(define-music-function (parser location new-size) (number?)
  #{
    \set fontSize = #new-size
    \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep new-size)
    \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep new-size)
  #})

and then it can be used in any context owning a font size engraver)

to control the vertical spacing just specify

\new Lyrics \with {
      \staffSize #-4 alignAboveContext = #"test"
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing = #'(
        (basic-distance . 2)
        (padding . 1)
      )
    }