Re: Aligning output question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Aligning output question
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:21:09 +0200

Kevin Tough <address@hidden> writes:

> One of the last hurdles I have to figure out to start producing course
> notes is to Left/Right jusify staff output, if it is possible.

I can't figure out what you want.

> Another guestion is about variable usage. Can variables be changed or
> are they equivalent to constants?

Again, that question makes it very hard to figure out what you want.  A
"variable" of course can be changed.  That's the whole point of it being
a variable.

You are probably talking about changing music expressions.  Music
expressions can be changed (and many music functions liberally do so
with its arguments), but if you write \song you get a _copy_ of the
music expression in \song already, so any changes done on an argument
provided with \song does not affect the original value in the variable
song.  You can revert to Scheme to do modify the expression in song
in-place, but that's bad style.

--
David Kastrup