Re: How to print just a tempo in a LaTeX document?

From: Kevin Zembower
Subject: Re: How to print just a tempo in a LaTeX document?
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 19:49:30 -0400

Just to bring this thread to a conclusion:

After two weeks of part-time effort to upgrade from Debian sneezey to
wheezy (or something like that), I still ended up with just lilypond
2.14.2, which didn't work with either of David's examples. Next attempt
will be to dump the Debian install of lilypond and roll my own.

However, I did discover this thread:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/68461/searching-a-musical-quarter-note-symbol-to-insert-into-text
which does exactly what I want. I put this section into the preamble of
my .lytex document:

% For quarternote in tempo line:
\providecommand*{\quarternote}{%
  \begingroup
    \fontencoding{U}%
    \fontfamily{wasy}%
    \selectfont
    \symbol{12}%
  \endgroup
}

and put this in the /begin{document} ... /end{document} section:

{\LARGE \quarternote}~= 90

Thanks, again, for everyone's suggestions.

-Kevin