Re: [OT] guitar scales

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [OT] guitar scales
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 16:37:20 +0200

2013/10/13 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> this is OT because I think that what I'm looking for cannot be done in
> LilyPond.
> I'd like to generate some guitar scales, as you can see here:
> http://archives.mikeerickson.net/guitar-scales/#/scales/A/minor

Well, LilyPond certainly can be coaxed into producing that kind of
information.  But I am not sure I understand what is being displayed
here.  Numbers R 2 3 4 5 6 7 are apparently based on a major scale (I
see # only in the Lydian scale).  And the diagrams on the right produce
an "unambiguous" scale using minimal fret positions?

The first diagram shows an overview of all the fretboard; the following diagrams break down the fretboard, just to make reading easier.

> But I'd like to be able to print them in PDF and change the layout of the
> grids.

What do you mean with "layout of the grids"?

Sorry, I just meant to say that I'd like to be able to put the diagram horizontally and in the perspective of the player (just like chord diagrams in LilyPond).
I would use a landscape orientation.