Positioning full-measure rests

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Positioning full-measure rests
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:35:21 +0100

In some vocal music which needs multiple voices in the piano part, I want to position a full-measure rest in the middle of the staff. Using R1.(it's in 3/2 time) puts it horizontally in the right place, but vertically at the top of the staff. Using b'1.\Rest positions it at the beginning of the bar but in the right position vertically. How can I position the rest in the correct place on the staff?

Regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com