Re: Colored note heads with black outline

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Colored note heads with black outline
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:50:00 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Morris wrote
> I realized it needs to be improved so that it will also handle \breve and
> \longa note durations correctly.  I'll include some examples of using the
> "(x11-color 'orange)" style colors to help make it more obvious that
> that's an option.

Ok, I added support for breve notes, and some "x11-color" examples.  The
latest code is in this snippet:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=890

(Of course you have to use LilyPond 2.17 to see the colors, since the LSR is
still running 2.14.)

Since longa notes are so rare and would require extra work to deal with
their up/down direction, I decided not to bother with them.  Apologies to
all the composers out there who love to use colored longa notes in your
compositions.  You are just out of luck...

Cheers,
-Paul