Re: Rests with stem

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Rests with stem
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:55:51 +0200

Yup, that will do it, thanks a lot Simon! I had searched for it directly on the snippet repository, but I couldn't find. Indeed I will be checking the "snippets: <category>" link from now on.

Take care,
Gilberto

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Simon Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Gilberto Agostinho
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone knows if its possible to have stems connecting rests on
> LilyPond, such as in the image below?
>
> http://www.sibelius.com/products/sibelius/7/images/Special_Notations.png
>
> I couldn't find anything about this on the documentation... but well, maybe
> it is there and I just overlooked it.

manual beams over rests:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/beams#manual-beams

and then:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/snippets/rhythms#rhythms-stemlets

(granted, i knew what i was looking for, but it's always a good idea
to click on the "Snippets: <category>" link at the end of a section).

regards,
sb
--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.