Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:10:08 +0100

Hi Urs,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:15 PM

Am 16.10.2013 17:42, schrieb Urs Liska:
Am 16.10.2013 17:39, schrieb Phil Burfitt:
Hi Janek,

In my current work flow, I have a .ly file of functions in a non lilypond directory, which I \include in all of my scores. Is there a way to define a path for include files in Frescobaldi, or do I have to give the full path in
the \include statement?

I included the path in the "Lilypond include path" in the Preferences
dialog, but Frescobaldi does not find it.

This should do what you want, so if it doesn't work, please file a bug report.

Will do.

Note that you should specify the path to the directory containing that
file, not to the file itself.

Yes I did...in fact the dialog will only allow you to choose a directory and not a filename.

Does it make any difference if you use Publication, Custom or Preview Mode?

Urs

Hm, looking at the code (Preview Mode additions) I had a certain idea:
When compiling in preview mode, the include path isn't extended by the path to the preview mode files, but instead there is another '-I' option appended to the command line.

So in Preview Mode Frescobaldi will now use (excerpt)

lilypond ... -I PATHS-FROM-PREFERENCES ... -I PATH-TO-DEBUG-MODE-FILES

However, when I tested right now everything works as expected.

So a question to the others:
Is it possible that the second -I command line option shadows the first on Windows while it doesn't on Linux?
Phil: Could you test this with plain command line LilyPond please?

Not sure if this is what you wanted...

From command prompt....

cd C:\Guitar and Lute\Scores\Weiss\Suite in Dminor

Lilypond WeissSuiteDminorPrelude.ly -include="C:\Guitar and Lute"

that is the path to my \include file "functions.ly"

Output....

GNU LilyPond 2.17.8
Processing `weisssuitedminorprelude.ly'
Parsing...
weisssuitedminorprelude.ly:3:9: error: cannot find file: `functions.ly'
(search path: `C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/svg/;C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/type1/;C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/;C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm;C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ps;C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly;')
\include
        "functions.ly"

-
-
blah, blah as it spews out loads of errors for unknown escape strings
-
-
Processing `/Guitar and Lute/functions.ly'
Parsing...
fatal error: failed files: "weisssuitedminorprelude.ly"

HTH,
Phil.

Urs