Re: Problems downloading Frescobaldi with IE9

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Problems downloading Frescobaldi with IE9
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:09:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Peter,

Honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about by leaving that
option unchecked (which is the default setting anyway, iirc). Perhaps you
enabled it somewhere along the way and left it on...?

In a nutshell, all that option "does" is this:
Disk caching saves copies of the downloaded files on the hard drive so they
doesn't need to be downloaded to be redisplayed. These pages can be viewed
by anyone with permission to the cache folder. Pages transmitted with SSL
encryption often contain sensitive information and caching of these pages to
disk may present a privacy risk. This preference controls whether to cache
to disk pages that were transmitted with SSL encryption.

(taken from http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl)

Have a good one!

Ben

Peter Gentry wrote
> I have resoved this issue. The problem was in the Advanced Internet
> Options. I had checked  "do not save encrypted pages to disc" -
> clear this and all is well. Does this leave one a bit more open to
> malicious software though?
>
> regards
> Peter Gentry

-----