Re: Bracketing part of a BassFigure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Bracketing part of a BassFigure
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:05:09 +0100

Here is an example of tweaking the example given by Simon:

\figuremode {
\set figuredBassAlterationDirection = #1
\set figuredBassPlusDirection = #1
\override FiguredBass.BassFigure #'font-size = #-1
%figures follow
\set Staff.implicitBassFigures = #'(0)

< \markup {
        \translate #'(-0.6 . 0)
        \right-align
        \bracket { \raise #0.7 { \fontsize #-5 \sharp } }
  \translate #'(-2 . 0)       \tiny \number 6
      } 5 7>4
}

I created this to suit the 18th c. default - figures above the bass line
- (closer to the solo part you are accompanying), which is the default
in Denemo. You insert this by prefixing with a $ sign in the figured
bass entry box in Denemo.

Richard