Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:08:19 +0100

From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

"Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:

> David David
>
> How was that bad mouthing you? Certainly not the intention.

>>> I do not know, David K does but he is very short with lesser mortals.

DK: implies that I can't be bothered to share my knowledge and treat other
people as my inferiors.

PG: No it doesn't it just means that busy as you are you haven't time to answer
every trivial question from everyone. I'm happy with
a designation of lesser mortal because in Lilypond I certainly am, a plain fact.

DK: If you think I would consider that a compliment, that's not exactly
cause for celebration.

PG: Not a compliment or the reverse just a mild friendly observation.

> I was confused by small parts of the manuals (I guess one is for
> Windows and one for Unix, but that took a while to sink in)

DK: No, either spelling of the option will work under either system.

PG: Oh but why is the second more complex? Does it include greater scope for
specification?

> Cheer up

DK: Really.

PG: Yes, why not....:)