Re: New, more powerful version of \shape!

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: New, more powerful version of \shape!
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 10:25:42 +0200

Am 18.10.2013 10:17, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2013/10/18 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
That's nice!  Could you make it work with 2.17.3 (we had to freeze
LilyPond version to ensure that no regressions in the scores appear,
and so we're using 2.17.3 for almost all scores)?
No.  It's not just a matter of replacing "(" with parenthesisOpenSymbol.
Previous to 2.17.25, the parser had quite hardwired expectations and
won't take well at all to seeing an event-function instead of an event
here.  And looking at the old parser code, it does not even go through
any hook you could reasonably hijack.  Either you modify the C++ code of
the parser for your counting or you are out of luck.
Ok, i understand that this is not a simple fix (contrary to what i expected).
BTW, this is a good opportunity to say: thank you again for making
LilyPond easier to work with!

But "regressions in the score" should not really be an issue if you are
just counting slurs once in a while.  It's not like you need perfect
output from the same run of LilyPond.
you're right, i'll try this way.

That's right, but of course you'll get _lots_ of compiler messages. Probably they won't influence the result, though.

OTOH, if you'd analyse the input files with Frescobaldi you wouldn't have to _compile_ all those scores. I'll have a look if I can easily update my stub (which simply counts all kinds of items in the current document) to walk through the whole directory structure.

Urs

best,
Janek