Re: Frescobaldi now needs git installed

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi now needs git installed
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 17:03:07 +1100

On 19/10/13 16:43, Urs Liska wrote:

Nick Payne <address@hidden> schrieb:
The install instructions at http://frescobaldi.org/download.html need
add git as a dependency.
No, they don't.
We have to sort out this bug instead.

How did you get/download Frescobaldi?
The code that raises this error should only run when Frescobaldi runs inside a
Git repository - which is why I _assumed_ git to be present too.

So: is your Frescobaldi in a Git repository (it has a .git directory beside
frescobaldi_app)?
If yes: how did you get it without git installed?

Mea culpa. I had downloaded Frescobaldi under Ubuntu 13.04 using git, but I yesterday installed Ubuntu 13.10, reformatting / but keeping /home, and I tried to run Frescobaldi before reinstalling git...