Re: No progress messages on GUI under Windows 7

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: No progress messages on GUI under Windows 7
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 17:18:10 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Wahl" <address@hidden>
To: "Eluze" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Marek Klein" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:58 PM

On 10/17/2013 5:07 PM, Eluze wrote:

Am 17.10.2013 21:28, schrieb Marek Klein:
2013/10/17 Eluze <address@hidden>

Marek Klein wrote
Could you please include original poster in your answers?
do you mean additionally to the list?
I can try, but might forget sometimes.
and I think he's reading the list!?

He doesn't have to. Why do you think he is?

Marek

that was a question!

if Jeff posted to the list he could easily register and would get all the answers to his questions _and_ all the contributions to similar topics as well.

Eluze

Sirs:

Yes, gentlemen, I'm listening. No, I am not getting all the answers to my questions, but I have some new information. BTW, I don't understand the two messages that (1) Eluze can't reproduce my problem with the newest version of Frescobaldi (2.0.11?) and (2) Phil Holmes tells me the behaviour is by design. Which is it?

In Windows 7 64-bit, with UAC (user account control) on, I can get progress output only (A) if the GUI program is "run as administrator" (even when logged in on the administrator account, which is curious), or (B) if logged in as administrator, running in compatibility mode also works, but not if logged in on a regular account.

I'm taking it that your reference to the "GUI program" is the LilyPond mode -dgui, which is intended to produce minimal output to the screen, writing it instead to a logfile. That is the design behaviour of that mode. If it's Frescobaldi that is the "GUI program", then I have no experience and can't help.

--
Phil Holmes