Two possible "ugly bugs"

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Two possible "ugly bugs"
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 05:19:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Here are two possible little bugs (of type ugly) that do not look well IMO.
If you give me green light, I would happily add them to our Issue Tracker
myself.

1) Some ugly positioning when using \pitchedTrill:

\version "2.17.28"
\markup {Everything is fine here}
{
  \pitchedTrill d'8.\startTrillSpan c' r16\stopTrillSpan r2.
  \pitchedTrill d'4.\startTrillSpan c' r8\stopTrillSpan r2
  \pitchedTrill d'2.\startTrillSpan c' r4\stopTrillSpan
}
\markup {But now (one octave higher) the augmentation dots and the
parenthesis}
\markup {are too close together and it looks ugly}
{
  \pitchedTrill d''8.\startTrillSpan c'' r16\stopTrillSpan r2.
  \pitchedTrill d''4.\startTrillSpan c'' r8\stopTrillSpan r2
  \pitchedTrill d''2.\startTrillSpan c'' r4\stopTrillSpan
}

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n152672/1.png>

2) This one I am a bit less sure if it is not happening due to some misuse
of mine. I am trying to get completely flat beams by using \override
Beam.concaveness = #+inf.0 (as far as I understand, the higher the value of
the concaveness the flatter are the beams). So it works well for almost
every group of notes, EXCEPT when there is a note and a rest beamed
together:

\version "2.17.28"
\markup {All beams are completely horizontal (flat) here}
{
 \override Beam.concaveness = #+inf.0
 a8[ d'] e8[ d'] a,8[ d'] a'''8[ a''] |
 a'[ r] c'[ r] |
}
\markup {All beams SHOULD be completely horizontal (flat) here}
{
  \override Beam.concaveness = #+inf.0
  a8[ r] e8[ r] a,8[ r] a'''8[ r] |
}
\markup {If there is one more rest or note, things are as expected}
{
  \override Beam.concaveness = #+inf.0
  \time 12/8
  a8[ r r] e8[ r r] a,8[ r r] a'''8[ r r] |
}

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n152672/2.png>

Regards,
Gilberto