Re: Strange behavior

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Strange behavior
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:01:24 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/10/20 Marcos Press <address@hidden>
>
>> The result I need is the one that said correct.
>> I don't know whay, in 2.16 the
>>
>> \override Stem.transparent = ##t
>>
>> It just turn transparent the steams, without toching the Beams.
>> But now 2.17 It turn transparent the beams too.
>

> seen recently on this list :-)
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00486.html
>
> this is the sort of things that convert-ly cannot cover

It most certainly can cover such things.  It's probably surprising that
people relied on the previous behavior.

This was introduced as
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2866>.  The
question is whether this changed behavior may be troublesome enough to
warrant additional action or convert-ly rules.

What's the use case for beams without stems?

--
David Kastrup