Re: [WISH] about \super and \sub

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [WISH] about \super and \sub
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:12:15 +0200

2013/10/21 Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden>:
> Dear Janek,
>
> I'm 100% ok with your code.
> I don't understand Werner's remark : \sub is at the right height even for
> chords.
> I've also compared with Sibelius, Finale, and some books I have here; looks
> fairely good to me.
> Don't know what else to say...

There are two things you can do:
- provide scanned examples of chords showing where super- and
subscripts are placed. (note that "Finale/Sibelius places them at this
height by default" will not be convincing for us, as we don't regard
these programs's default output as something authoritative.  However,
examples from published good quality books *will* be convincing for
virtually anyone on the list).
- prepare a test file containing:
  - "ordinary" text with super- and subscripts (with various
combinations of digits and upper and lower case letters used),
  - chord names with various modifications, including accidentals,
  - other text including musical symbols in super- and subscripts
and compile this file with various amounts of super-/subscripts
displacement.  Send the results to us.

With these materials, i'm sure that we can reach a good connsensus.
best,
Janek